Saturday, June 02, 2007

the things that matter

I just got back from the wedding and reception of one of my best friends -- TK. It was a beautiful reception. I was impressed that she could make a church cultural hall look so elegant. Kudos to her; she always was creative like that. And seeing her so happy made me happy too.

A few old friends were there, and it was so wonderful to see them again. It was almost like old times. Almost. I started to get a little sad, knowing that we're leaving all our friends and family in just two months.

TK's wedding was in the Mesa LDS temple, and it brought back memories from my wedding. I knew that I was marrying the right man; I was so happy. And I was completely overwhelmed that day by the strong feeling that God loves me. I wasn't expecting that, but it was just one of those things that I suddenly knew. I knew that God loved me, and I knew that John loved me. What else mattered? It was the best day of my life, and the best decision I ever made.

2 comments:

Beth Blair said...

it is so true, nothing else matters than the love you feel in this world.

holli jo said...

Thanks for commenting, me, myself, & i! Welcome to my blog.